Valentino's History

In 1957, Val and Zena Weiler operated the Campus Fruit Market in Lincoln, Nebraska. It was clear to them that their business would soon be eclipsed by the large supermarkets springing up across Lincoln. The landmark which had stood for a dozen years, had to go. In its place, armed with three dozen pizza pans, a recipe that had been in Mrs. Weiler's family for years, and a generous amount of trepidation, they decided to open a pizza business.

They took in $60 their first day, and as the restaurant's reputation grew, patrons began to gather and watch through the window as the pizzas were made. They would stand in line for an hour or more to sample the pizza and pasta specialties created in the original restaurant.

There was just one location then and no trip to the city was complete with out stopping to eat at Valentino's!

Through controlled expansion, and an elaborate system of quality controls, Valentino's steadily grew. In 1990, Valentino's opened its first Valentino's To-Go location, offering take out service only. These stores were an immediate success. Today there are more than 18 successful To-Go locations operating.

Today, Valentino's has expanded to 39 restaurant locations in 6 different states. The wait is seldom longer than fifteen minutes now, but the recipes and meticulous preparation steps remain.

The Secret to Success
Valentino's success began with those wonderful family recipes that were passed on when the business changed hands in 1971. However, there's more than recipes to this story. The highest quality food, reasonable prices, immaculately clean and comfortable restaurants, genuinely friendly service, and a written corporate creed which says that "community service is as important as the quality of the food", have helped keep Val's tremendously popular.
Valentino's